Thursday, September 18, 2008

Some interesting news

Hey all, while I'm anxiously waiting for my flight information here are some things that have caught my attention recently:

Senator Obama at the Service Nation summit, speaking about initiatives to encourage American citizens to participate in national service (including programs like Americorps and other volunteer initiatives).
"Part of what makes America work is the fact that we believe in individual responsibility and self-reliance but we also believe in mutual responsibility.. a sense that we are committed to something larger than ourselves."-- Sen. Obama

The cover story in the most recent issue of Time magazine entitled, "A Time to Serve".

And, this fabulous band. "Sometimes you just can't hold back the river." (yes, their drummer IS a tap dancer. I know. blows my mind too.)

happy browsing :)
--Walker

No comments: