Monday, October 20, 2008

Lake Tahoe

Alright so I know I just updated and I really don't have much new information to share but I do want to post some pictures from my weekend adventure. Saturday we got off training around 5pm and three of my friends from my floor were planning a camping trip up to Lake Tahoe and asked me if I wanted to fill the fourth seat in the car. It was a great, spur of the moment trip that was unforgettable. Honestly, I can't express the beauty we saw when we pulled in at 10:30pm to the campground and were greeted by the reflection of the moonlight on the water. Where we camped was a two minute walk from the water's edge and just absolutely beautiful. After spending a night eating ginger snaps and talking around a fire we woke up to what we were told was a brisk, 28 degree morning and got breakfast at this tiny place called the Tahoma Aroma and got into a political discussion regarding the recent support from Powell for Obama with the only other customer in the building.
After breakfast we drove to Emerald Bay and did a bit of hiking around the lake and up to some water cascading down rocks. The four of us spent a half an hour just sitting atop a jumble of rocks talking and it was such a serene moment. I told another friend yesterday that it was refreshing seeing something that remained so breathtakingly beautiful and
so natural. There really aren't many other things I can say about our trip so I'll share some pictures we snapped :)















This on the left is a picture of the lake from our campground and on the right is a picture taken from the Emerald Bay area.


Taken from up above the bay is an image of Fannette island. We hiked down to the water's edge and the picture below is of the lake from the beach.












I hope you all have a great rest of the week, I'll think of you while I'm at Mendocino in the red woods tomorrow! :)
love,
--Walker

No comments: